Monday 21 January 2013

Snow Snow & more Snow

All togged up for another run
Winter has arrived with lots of snow, and boy is it hard work trying to run in it but great fun also. The last week has been a good one regarding training for myself despite all the snow. With the weather conditions as they are I decided to have a weekend off from a BG recce in the Lakes and train around home and  have managed to run over 60 miles for the week. Most of my runs have been on the fells, up and around Great Whernside, and Capplestone Gate area which has some good climbs on the routes that I run, the longest run of the week was 14 miles in very cold and snowy weather. On Saturday a pair off inov8 Oroc 340s arrived which  I ordered from Sport Shoes Unlimited for £45, a real bargain as their RRP is £120, and are made for running in snow and ice. So later on that day I did an 8 mile run over the tops with them on and all I can say is what a great shoe they are. The soles have some very chunky studs with little metal spikes set in them to give you grip on the ice, and the uppers are well insulated to keep your feet that bit warmer. I managed to complete my run without slipping once in them so if anyone is thinking of buying a pair I can highly recommend  them. And on mondays run I fitted microspikes over the top of the shoes, and they performed even better in worse weather conditions.
Below are a few Pictures of what it is like in Upper Wharfedale at the moment.






No comments:

Post a Comment